The worst thing that can happen when you go on a holiday is when the airline mishandles your baggage, the term in the complaint form which loosely translates to I was there but my bag was somewhere in India. I was stuck in a foreign country with nothing but a handbag with my passport, wallet, camera and a scarf. For a person who hates shopping it was double nightmarish. I had to do some real fast shopping, which could have turned into a complete disaster if not for my very helpful friends. Few months back , I had watched a documentary on TLC where the guy had lost his bag, and had wondered what would I do if I faced the same situation, well got my answer , I did cope, but from now , i’ll stop wondering about freakish situations, thay have a very bad habit of coming true.
Well I did learn a few things from this episode
- Always carry a cabin bag with a change of clothings and basic requirement.
- Get your travel insurance done. ( I never thought it was important )
- If you feel there is a problem , be the first to stand in queue, it took me 2 hrs just to get my complaint registered.
- When traveling be prepared for absolutely anything.
- Never laugh at others situation, it may come to haunt you some day 🙂
Life does teach us a lot, now when I look back I can actually laugh at the situation , but I hope I don’t have to face it again, but then I think i’ll be able to cope come what may coz I can find humor in every situation life puts my way 🙂