I was tagged by Harsh to reveal 6 quirky things about me.
Quirk : A strange attitude or habit.
Here it goes.
1. I have to cross my fingers when I see an empty Doko ( a container used to hold cut grass or tea leaves or just about anything ) or a Ruppie ( a small bird found all over , with yellow beak and brown feather). The habit started young , when in school one ruppie was considered bad luck, and so was empty doko. And to get over the bad luck one had to cross the fingers. I still remember the song about the ruppie. Its one for sorrow for some, but I prefer joy as I am an optimist.
One for joy , Two for good luck
Three for letter , Four for boy
Five for money, Six for honey
Seven for silver, Eight for gold
Nine for a secret not to be told.
Whoever wrote this is a genius. 🙂
2. I am paranoid of other people hacking into my account. I keep changing the password and keep forgetting the new one , and then again I have to change it or retrieve it, and so the cycle continues. I feel the service providers are snooping on us, trying to figure out what we do. but there is nothing I can do about it 😦
3. Now this ritual is really stupid, but I follow it nevertheless. If I have any inking that I’ll get into trouble, I take one strand of hair and make a tiny knot. I don’t know why it works but it does get me out of trouble.
4. If anything interesting happens, I have a habit of putting my hand over my mouth, and for this I get teased incessantly by my brother.
5. I am a big big big Chelsea fan, but when it comes to watching the matches, I am a nervous wreck, I miss half the match as I am so tensed, whenever the ball is at the opposite end , I end up calling God for intervention.
6. I am not deeply religious , but every time I leave home, I touch the ganapati photo placed right at the entrance of the house.
The tags says six , but now that I have started writing, I can think of many such habits which are strange. Passing the tag to